Risk Analyst, Data Services
|No. Of Vacancies:
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and visionary people. We are looking for a highly analytical and customer-facing Risk Analyst to join the Amazon EMEA Security and Loss Prevention team.
As a Risk Analyst, you will engage customers to understand their needs, generate insights, and guide operational excellence and product development. Data analysis is at the core of Amazon’s culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision-making and strategy. You will be gathering customer insights, mining data, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest and most complex data warehouses in the world to gather insights using data from across operations.
This position requires advanced technical skills, excellent analytical abilities, and a creative mind to invent solutions to improve the customer delivery experience. It also offers broad exposure to various business, operational, financial, and technical teams across Amazon. If you are passionate about customer experience, detail oriented, organized, and can systematically break down problems with ease, we would love to speak with you!
Key job responsibilities
• Apply data mining and quantitative analysis to understand how our customers interact with us and identify the best way to improve the customer experience and meet our goals.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, investigations, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Build scalable solutions / self-serve platforms that will provide data / KPIs to inform business decision making
• Acquire various data sources to enable holistic analysis at a global level
• Build various data visualizations to tell the story and let the data speak for itself
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, training, and documentation
• Work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence, or comparable experience in big data environments
• Experience in data mining and dataset preparation using SQL
• Experience in data visualization tools like Tableau
• Familiarity with databases (querying and analyzing)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in designing and building data infrastructure / automated reporting tools
• Ability to travel with a minimum of 10%
• Knowledge of Arabic
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to a diverse audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
• Experience visualizing data in Tableau or other relevant data visualization software
• Be solutions-focused, customer-focused, and always deliver excellent follow-up
• Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
• Relevant qualification in Loss Prevention, Security Management, or a related field