Jr. Data Analyst
|No. Of Vacancies:
The Data Analyst will work closely with the Amazon Logistics Launch & Expansion team to provide data and analytical support for our team, dig deep into data to determine root cause of defects, build and maintain decision support tools, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements in our AMZL Launch space.
The complexity of research and skills for the position is beyond basic data entry and research. It involves building from scratch multiple databases, maintaining and adding to these regularly, complex analysis, diving deep into key metrics based on requests, extensive knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages.
Key job responsibilities
• Development of data collection processes and data management systems
• Maintenance of data integrity (0% error rate)
• Designing of queries, compiling of data, and generation of reports in MS Access and Excel
• Charting and graphing of data for reporting purposes
• In depth research of defect trends
• Data collection and entry as needed
• Data mining and problem solving
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or certificate of completion of studies in Computer Science or related field equivalent
· MS Office experience required, including experience with Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
· Experience writing VBA and using macros in Microsoft Excel
· Expertise in SQL, Tableau and Python
· Demonstrated experience pulling and analyzing data to aid in root cause identification and drive process improvement initiatives across the network.
· Experience in logistics/transportation industry.
· Experience as a business or data analyst
· Building Excel-based or PDF-based reports via data tables
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks