Deputy Head Teacher Middle School
|Fujairah Private Academy
|No. Of Vacancies:
|We are seeking for our Middle School, a Deputy who is flexible and committed to high standards. There is a mixed intake of students, most of whom have English as a Second language. A thorough knowledge of modern pedagogy is required, with a commitment to differentiated teaching in all ability classes. It would be expected that the applicant would be able to lead CPD and be experienced in staff evaluation and development.
The Middle School Deputy Head Teacher will have responsibility with the second Deputy for managing Year 5 and Year 6. The DPHT’s will report directly to the Executive Head Teacher. The middle management structure consists of Year Leaders and subject co-ordinators in both the English medium and Arabic programmes. Middle management in the Arabic Section reports to the Head of Arabic but Arabic staff are integrated into the life of the section, attend meetings, and take assemblies.
Applicants should be prepared to become involved in the school community. Fujairah Academy is modelled on a UK private school, where during term time a contribution well beyond the school day is expected. Staff find working in the school satisfying and many stay beyond the usual 2-3 years. Candidates need imagination, flexibility, and a sense of humour.
Applicants need preferably to fulfill the following criteria
• Enjoy good relations with parents, staff, and students. Contribute to the team ethic.
• Recent experience of middle management Experience of students for whom English is a second language
• Have a positive approach to student learning and behaviour
• Be able to adapt teaching styles to accommodate variety in learning strategies
• Have undergone continuing professional development in the last three years
• A willingness to contribute to the extracurricular life of the school
• Be willing to assist with the continued development of the school
• Be prepared to follow the policies of the school
• Be prepared to gain an understanding that the school is a national school in the UAE following a British style curriculum. It is not an International School.
• A degree in education or a first degree plus a postgraduate certificate/diploma
• Be prepared to assist with management of the extracurricular programme
• Be prepared to become involved in cross phase activities
• Be prepared to undertake some classroom teaching
• Have good IT skills
• Be a fluent speaker of English
• Have a degree in Education or a first degree with a Primary specialisation from a UK/Australian/New Zealand university.
• Contract is for three years renewable by mutual consent. The first terms probationary.
• A terminal gratuity is paid at the end of the period of service in the school. Currently labour law states that this as 21 days salary for each full year of service.
• Sponsorship is provided by the school
• Salary is dependent on the qualifications and experience of the teacher. The salary for this post would be circa AED 18,000 per month (£ 47,940 p.a. at current exchange rates). This is free of any taxes or deductions. Exchange rates of the UAE Dirham to the currency in the country of origin should be checked. There is no tax or deductions, and salary is the cash in hand amount.
• Rent free, two bedroom furnished and air-conditioned accommodation is available, along with payment of reasonable utilities.
• Annual air ticket to country of permanent residence for the teacher.
• This is a single status position unless part of a married teaching couple
• A medical insurance is provided valid in the UAE excluding dentistry and maternity.
• The school does not provide a baggage allowance but a settling in allowance of DH 1000/- is paid on arrival.
COST OF LIVING
The cost of living in Fujairah is much lower than Dubai, Sharjah, and Abu Dhabi. Also, there is no rental cost to the staff member as a flat is provided.