Analyst – Airport Automation & Passenger Handling
|No. Of Vacancies:
|MAIN OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
To provide operational & technical support for automation projects undertaken by airport services department in passenger processing, ground operation management systems and self-service initiatives by conducting detailed investigations on station complaints and system delays, performing system fall back procedure drills and ensuring data compliance and analyse the efficacy of feature releases using surveys.
• Acts as the focal point for departure control administrative activities for outstations as well as the hub which involves:
coordinating the granting of user access to flydubai partners across the network
working with outstation to update business rules and message table updates within the DCS and working with stakeholders to extract data to measure performance of ancillary revenue generated at the airport & improvement within operational efficiency driven by system enhancements.
working with airline departments regarding operational changes and system disruption and updating concerned systems accordingly to enable other department to plan their resources effectively.
• Coordinates the roll out of various automation projects across the network, including projects related to Sprint DCS rollout to new destination, CUTE migrations and activation of baggage reconciliation system to comply with IATA 753 resolution.
• Provides guidance to all outstations and hub by providing solutions/recommendations to their DCS related queries, issues and requests as and when needed and support Commercial in facilitating effective usage of the system in the business area/customer points.
• Acts as a focal point for system related irregularities in check-in and boarding, providing a scenario of how the discrepancy or shortfall could have occurred and suggest workarounds.
• Coordinates with DCS development team to resolve defects and agree on implementing interim solutions until fixes are released.
• Works to improve business processes driven by automation
• Collates user feedback on DCS performance and evaluation of functionalities, highlighting areas for system improvement and projected benefits and identifies process gaps and develops functional user acceptance testing plans for all future system enhancements within the department.
• Supports rollout of hardware to operations department
• Assist in maintaining and deployment of equipment (iPads and other mobile hardware) to support rollout of baggage / ramp reconciliation tools
• Works closely with IT/Solution providers to provide user requirements; support UAT and prepare test plans from operations perspective. Support business continuity activities to ensure a smooth cutover from current system to the new system.
• Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Airport Operations functional domain, participating in process design documentation, process mapping, and business process and system testing to ensure automation and procedures remain in sync and creates new procedures driven by automation, if necessary.
• Prepare user guides to educate end users with their requirements.
• Documents Business Continuity Plans and conducting drills for various airport systems on a regular basis.
• Coordinates with API authorities and IT Teams to ensure compliance with the latest regulatory directives. Investigate fines issued by regulatory authorities for API non-compliance and provides report with supporting evidence to Commercial team.
• Supports the departure control system (DCS) related administration activities for the department such as management of user access for third party ground handler staff, ensure configuration updates are deployed in a timely fashion, produce simple user guides for new enhancements, maintain business rules for the network and prepare training / rehearsal flights to support continuous training of new staff across the network.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
Minimum Education Level Required
Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Specific Requirements
Preferred No. of Years (with Relevant Degree) – 5
Preferred No. of Years (without Relevant Degree) – 8
Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Reads and complies with the ISR policies of the Company and diligently reports any weakness or incidents to the respective Line Manager or the Information Security team. Completes all required ISR awareness sessions and follows associated guidelines in the day to day business operations.