Business Development Manager – Logistics
|12000 – 18000
|No. Of Vacancies:
Identify new business opportunities and through developing existing and new business accounts.
Maintain an active new business prospect listing to approach and present to the company.
Undertake new business sales calls to win new business.
Develop financial supporting data and process data to potential and existing business wins.
Responsible in maintaining existing customer database through regular sales visits
• Develop new business for the company through approaching new business customers, as defined ion the local sales KPI’s.
• Develop a new business prospect listing to ensure that future new business development is planned in advance.
• Responsible for the management and handling of the RFQ response documents coming to the company for Contract Logistics Business.
• Maintain all account and new business approaches and outcomes in C-view.
• Generate and distribute specific reports as required in alignment with the position.
• Coordinate and follow and follow up x-selling activities within the department.
• Maintain close working relationships with the Customer Service, Operations and Contract Logistics team.
• Focus on winning and keeping profitable business.
• Maintain and manage the financial forecast and cost module projections from new business submission.
• Work with logistics engineers in development of Resources Planning.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field preferred.
• Minimum five years industry experience preferred Skills and Competencies
• Business Professional
• Diplomatic skills to be used in front of the customers
• Confidence in undertaking presentations to vast number of people
• Analytic skills to review both financial and operational data.
• Proven Negotiation Skills complied with the ability to close business wins
• Customer oriented & team player
• Able to work under pressure where needed
• Able to travel both internal and abroad
• Good time management techniques
• Good understanding of financial planning
• Excellent reporting abilities