Speech Language Therapist
|No. Of Vacancies:
|Our client, a leading rehabilitation center, is currently looking for a Speech Language Therapist to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role,
you will be responsible for:
• Communicate with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
• Determine the extent of communication problems by having a patient complete basic reading and vocalizing tasks or by giving standardized tests
• Identify treatment options
• Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan
• Providing safe, effective, evidence based and comprehensive therapy services.
• Providing clinical care for own caseload but also supports or provides access to additional support for the clinical care of other patients where additional or complex/specialist assessment and intervention is required.
• Proficient analysis skills enabling high quality and highly specialized individual treatment plans.
• Providing up to date, evidence-based treatment interventions to a proficient level.
• Evaluating patient progress and progress/alter treatment programs accordingly.
• Prioritizing patient care based on continuous assessment of their ongoing needs.
• Recording clinical activities as per organizational policy and at a proficient level.
• Utilizing and promoting up to date evidence-based practice in the provision of patient & family centred care.
• Responding to all levels of emergencies according to the organizations policies and procedures.
• Desired Qualifications/Certifications: BSc in Speech-Language Pathology/Speech & Language Therapy/Speech Pathology/Speech Therapy OR BSc in Communication or Psychology or Linguistics and Masters program in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited educational institution, college or university;
• Preferred Experience: Not less than 3 years as a Speech & Language Therapist/Pathologist in a large hospital or rehabilitation facility with relevant experience with patients with neurological disorders including stroke and traumatic brain injury in ICU/Medical Surgical or Rehab setting.
• License: Eligible for HAAD License or transferable UAE license as Speech Therapist
• Willing to work for 48 hours per week (5 days working, Morning 8 AM to 5 PM)
Candidates outside UAE are welcome to apply.