Senior Software Engineer
|Company Name:||The Emirates Group|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Vacancies:||1|
The Senior Software Engineer is a fully participating member of an agile feature team working independently on software development and problem resolution. The role involves technical design, software development, implementation and maintenance software solutions/products that support the Emirates Group Business.
Work with senior technical engineers in the technical design process by contributing in the analysis of technical application requirements.
Convert technical solutions for small to medium sized initiatives into low level design and working code.
Independently write secure and optimized code through implementation of Emirates Group approved coding standards.
Be part of the rotational on-call support and actively participate in resolving production issues within SLA?s with minimal or no active supervision.
Accountable for built in quality and ensuring 100% unit testing as part of the CI/CD pipeline.
Analyse and fix all identified defects with minimal rework
Ensure re-factoring practices are adequately adopted to ensure minimum code debt
Ensure logging and monitoring hooks are implemented as part of the code development.
Continuously stay up to date in the relevant technologies and implement the learnings to enhance the code quality.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) : Degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering.
5+ years of experience in Software Engineering experience preferably in agile ways of working
· Experience in Application Integration using Solace and TIBCO BW, Snaplogic
· Experience in TIBCO Administrator, Hybrid Architecture
· Experience in cloud integrations and APIs using Snaplogic and APIGEE API Gateway
· Experience developing Custom Snaps using Snaplogic for custom integration requirements.
· Exposure to Hybrid APIGEE deployment model and Micro gateway is advantage.
· Expertise in various Integration design patterns, industry standards and best practices
· Extensive Experience on REST/SOA and Micro Services Architecture
· DevOps experience implementing CI/CD using industry standard tools including test Automation.
· Exposure to Cloud technologies and experience in migrating Integration solutions to Cloud
· Exposure to NoSQL databases such as Couchbase will be added advantage.
· Good hands-on database client (SQL developer etc.)
· Good Knowledge of Authentication Protocols like OAuth2.0
· Experience performance tuning, optimising for time for high performance, high availability.
· Experience with Lean / Agile development methodologies
· Good hands-on Splunk
· Proficiency is using tools & platforms like JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Jenkins
· Extensive experience in analysis, estimation, design, coding, testing, documentation, maintenance, application Support
Leadership Role: No