Sales Executive, Corporate
|Sheraton Grand Hotel
|No. Of Vacancies:
|Explore our very big world
We welcome you to join our global and diverse family. Whether you’re new to hospitality or a seasoned professional, you can come to us knowing that you will always be appreciated for your natural talents. Your positive energy and people-pleasing mindset are an important part of why our guests stay with us again and again.
Rewards for work, benefits for life
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
Learning and development opportunities
The impact you’ll make
You know the finest details of our menu and can’t wait to share your expertise with our guests. When they dine with us, your warm greeting, flawless table settings, and your friendly demeanor do not go unnoticed. No matter the day, you set out to provide each guest with a dining experience that will be remembered long after their stay.
• Proactively manage a pre-determined number of accounts, prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives across the specified segment (Corporate, transient groups and events).
• Maintain a solid sales platform with a complete database of accounts
• Conduct brick walling activities with potential corporate accounts
• Maintain valid sales call objectives and relevant action plans for each account/prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Proactively prospecting new accounts and following sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts.
• Ensure that we identify potential client loss and take actions in a timely manner to avoid leaks from the sales platform
• Establish quarterly and annual Sales actions plan and visit clients/key accounts/ Key prospects on a regular basis as set and agreed with the Associate Director of Sales.
• To hand in sales and expense reports on a weekly basis.
• Establish production and activity targets per account.
• Acknowledge of receipt of inquiry must be done within 24 hours. Timeline for response to client with proposal is defined by client expectations, which will vary for each request and must be confirmed with client at time of inquiry. (Standard response time is within 24 hours of receiving inquiry)
• Ensure the standard templates are used for contracts, reports and memos.
• Take personal responsibility to ensure that Opera, MI Leads, SFA Web, One Source, standards are maintained and that the systems are utilized to their full capacities.
• Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account.
• To take personal responsibility for understanding the Sales Action plan and the required budgetary guidelines of the Hotel(s), to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• To arrange, handle and manage familiarization trips and educational in line with business needs.
• Proactively acknowledge to any group/banqueting requests and communicating to Groups & Events team for further follow up.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Minimum of 3 years operational working experience
• High level of self-motivation and able to work independently
• Excellent communicator and listener