Recruitment and Selection Officer – Human Resources Department
|Company Name:||Zayed University|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Vacancies:||1|
The Human Resources Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Recruitment and Selection Officer to provide highly professional and efficient support and service for effective delivery of recruitment and selection programs and services. A key deliverable of the position is to actively support recruitment of highly qualified UAE Nationals in the organization. The incumbent also supports the delivery of effective services in the areas of: pre-hiring, orientation and on boarding, regular and temporary employee’s recruitment, and process improvements.
The Recruitment and Selection Officer will work as part of a team of HR professionals. A large emphasis of the job will be on providing pre-hiring orientation and on boarding support to Faculty and staff recruitment. The incumbent will also be accountable for creating spreadsheets, databases and reports related to R&S functions, in particular providing administrative support for approvals in ZU. Under the guidance of the R&S Manager/designate, the Recruitment and Selection Officer:
• Provides support to the Recruitment Consultant and Senior Officers with high volume recruitment for Faculty and Staff positions, with special emphasis on Recruitment of UAE Nationals.
• Post job adverts for Faculty and Staff positions ensuring a high level of professionalism of marketing materials in print, web and other media; ensures compliance with ZU standards and descriptions. Processes and maintains payments for job advertisements tracking costs to ensure efficiency.
• Scheduling and attending interviews for Staff positions
• Maintains vendor relationships with ad agencies, newspapers, web-based recruitment marketing sites to ensure cost effective delivery of services; discusses appropriate rates and package arrangements; maintains contracts; tracks costs and financial payments.
• Maintains all aspects of recruiting temporary administrative employees working with internal clients (Deans/Directors) to define and meet their requirements within tight timelines – advertising, screening, selection, assessment. Tracks and monitors all financial aspects of the temporary workforce.
• Works extensively with potential candidates providing and crafting in-depth information on the University, benefits, entitlements, and job opportunities to potential applicants.
• Corresponds and liaises extensively with selected candidates to ensure their information needs are met and to obtain the required data and documentation for the hiring process and relocation to the UAE as required.
• Uses Oracle I-recruit to effectively screen, source and manage candidates.
Pre-Hiring, Orientation and On-boarding
• Maintains the relationship with new faculty hires from time of offer to arrival in the UAE and orientation at the University. Ensures governmental/ZU requirements are met, advising HC and stakeholders of changes to requirements; designs and implements processes to ensure all on-boarding protocols runs efficiently and smoothly across each functional area; follows up with hiring managers and new hires with changing requirements, information and outcomes. Oversees the logistics of the hiring of international faculty and staff and their families, including visas, flights, hotels, schedules and orientation activities. Uses own discretion to make decisions and manage the process representing the University in a highly professional and efficient manner.
• Works with hiring managers (Deans/Directors) and representatives of other departments, colleges and campuses, designs and coordinates the planning and logistics of employee orientation programs for both local and international hires. Organizes all related services and vendors, negotiating cost effective rates; plans for resourcing of Orientation activities.
• Writes new material and continually contributes to the design and updating of orientation information and materials
• Ensures logistics for the families of ZU faculty and staff who travel to the U.A.E. to take up residence after the employee’s arrival.
• Ensures ongoing compliance with ZU policy and processes recommending and drafting changes as needed.
New Hires Announcements
• Send welcome announcement templates to all new hires (Staff & Faculty), on monthly basis
• Collate all the templates received and send to the VP’s Office on monthly basis
• Builds effective working relationships with the HR teams, ZU community and with representatives from external organizations.
• Prepares meaningful and accurate reports or documentation to support the effectiveness of the HR Department, including faculty and staff resource reports.
• Communicates with other functional areas to ensure effective delivery of services.
Critical success factors
• As part of the HR team, designs, plans, organizes and implements Recruitment and Selection programs in a professional, timely and efficient manner.
• Builds effective business relationships to achieve results with key stakeholders within the University as well as with prospective employees and representatives of other organizations.
Degree of independence/ complexity of environment
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and achieve deliverables.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and autonomously.
• Sound judgment and the ability to apply ZU policies and procedures.
• Respects confidentiality.
• Ability to work overtime and to travel to Abu Dhabi.
• Tact, discretion, diplomacy.
• Multi-cultural adaptability.
Contacts/impact of interaction
• Works closely with other members of the HR team both in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
• Extensive interface with candidates around the world as well as with representatives from external organizations.
• Extensive interface with ZU staff and faculty and members of the leadership team.
• Must be able to recognize and diplomatically refer sensitive issues to the Manager, Recruitment and Selection.
• Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, preferably in HR Management combined with a minimum of 2 years related human resources experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
• The incumbent must be highly computer-literate.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E. Annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.