|Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort
|No. Of Vacancies:
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· Assist the smooth running of the Sports & Recreations department on a day to day basis to achieve the highest possible levels of guest satisfaction.
· Create new, unique and interesting recreation activities that draw upon the best cultural, sporting or other offerings of the area in which the hotel is located. To continually be positioning the sports and leisure offering as a differentiator and a point of competitive advantage for the hotel. Ensure outsourced service provides are of good quality.
· To have a complete knowledge of the products and services offered by the hotel.
· To lead the implementation of all health and safety codes in the sports and leisure activities of the hotel, and in particular to take full and complete care of children.
· Take the lead of the Anantara Children programme.
· Ensure that all activities are performed in a safe environment using proper safety techniques.
· Train and assist in the evaluation of attendants who work with fitness programs. Supervise instructors and all other associates helping with any activities or functions arranged via the Sports & Recreations.
· Use qualified attendants in all areas where relevant qualifications are required, i.e. Fitness leader, Aerobic Instructors, Lifeguard.
· Monitor the success of the activities programs through the number of participants per scheduled event and through guests’ feedback. Make necessary adjustments to maintain top quality, fun filled and original programs for hotel guests.
· Prepare and circulate clear information to guests of the events offered by the hotel in conjunction with the Anantara Concierge.
· Work closely to promote our Spa offering to ensure that we maximize guest satisfaction and hotel revenue by enabling our guests to experience our spa.
· Assist in maintaining clean and well maintained all equipment in gym area, sport activities, water sports and in-house activities.
· In the gym, provide guests and members with skills, knowledge and motivation to achieve and maintain exercise related fitness goal.
· In the gym, develop and maintain a file system to ensure record of guests’ information for proper follow-up on fitness goal progress.
· Develop and maintain a strong working environment with the other departments.
· Ensure proper accounting procedures are followed when collecting of charging fees for Sports & Recreations
· Be prepared to assume other Sports & Recreations duties or responsibilities as requested by management.
· Drive revenues of the department.
• Secondary school graduate or higher educational qualification
• Minimum 2 years experience on a similar role in a 5 star hotel
• Ability to communicate in English
• Helpful and attentive
• Physically fit