Principal Engineer – Planning
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Vacancies:||1|
|Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.|
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER – PLANNING
· Support the Project Controls Manager/ Planning Manager who will be responsible for the ultimate planning and controls deliverables under the Project.
· Participate in the tendering process by providing input to the initial Project Execution Plan in terms of Level 1. 2 and 3 planning. In particular, supporting the proposals manager with a full understanding of the logical sequencing of activities through engineering to handover.
· Develop the Level 1, 2 and 3 schedules from the tender phase, into working schedules for execution, taking into account input from engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning disciplines, while providing guidance on optimizing the schedule.
· Guide in setting up of the Technical Document Register (TDR) and Project Procurement Tracking Register (PTR) and pursue population of the requisite data into these registers with Engineering and Procurement disciplines respectively.
· Work with subcontractor or partner construction planners to develop optimum sequencing of activities in construction such that realistic date is set for engineering and procurement activities to facilitate the necessary durations for efficient installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
· Ensure the TDR and PR is updated in line with Project reporting requirements and report any serious deviations to project management.
· Prepare project S curves for all individual engineering disciplines, procurement and construction.
· Prepare weekly and monthly progress figures for input to weekly/monthly reports. Ensure that remaining forecast planning is achievable in light of progress figures and highlight to project management areas where planning will require to be altered to remedy delays or potential delays in schedule.
· Collate commodity information from discipline engineers and prepare commodity curves for handover to construction management and subsequent monitoring.
· Prepare detailed (level 4) plans for specific critical activities drawn from the Level 3 Schedule eg nozzle availability, structural pipe rack erection, underground facilities, building design and erection, such that these can be used as effective management tools for monitoring the progress of these critical activities.
· Participate with construction personnel and commissioning manager in transition from construction planning by activity, to system planning for commissioning and handover. Ensure that this is compliant with the logical and contractual requirements for handover of the facilities.
· Perform any related duties and responsibilities as and when required.
· Ensure Timely submission of various internal and client reports with all supporting documents.
· Carry out risk analysis and schedule assurance check.
· Participate in rebase lining exercise as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Graduation in Engineering with a minimum of 15 years relevant experience depending on the role as well as project magnitude and complexity.
· Deep knowledge of end-to-end EPC planning, management reporting.