Paralegal – Corporate Structuring
|Clyde & Co
|No. Of Vacancies:
Our Corporate Structuring / Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Group forms part of the firm’s Corporate Group. We advise clients on market entry into the UAE and wider region, the structuring and re-structuring of regional operations and a range of other regulatory and corporate licencing issues. This role plays an integral part in the team; supporting more senior members of the team and coordinating client matters on a day to basis.
• Assist with various share sales, licensing, structuring and restructuring matters for a variety of clients in a range of sectors.
• Compilation and update of corporate bibles.
• Draft engagement letters and assisting with invoicing for partners and associates.
• Draft documents, including resolutions, powers of attorney, letters and certain agreements.
• Assist in drafting letters of advice in connection with the structuring and restructuring in the UAE.
• Liaise with government authorities in relation to the establishment of companies incorporated with limited liability and the registration of branch offices ‘onshore’ and in free zones in the UAE.
• Deal with the various portals of government authorities in the UAE for the purpose of submitting different kinds of ‘online’ applications.
• Liaise with our Knowledge Management team to update and maintain FDI and other corporate precedents.
• Liaise and coordinate with our Corporate Services team to manage matters efficiency until completion.
• Assist clients in managing and maintaining their existing corporate registrations.
• Carry out research including in respect of corporate licencing and regulatory matters.
• Communicate directly with clients, via email, telephone or in person.
• Take full responsibility for and manage matters through to completion with the support of more senior members of the team.
• Provide assistance, where required, to the wider corporate group.
• Assist with the development of innovative and efficient ways to deliver our legal services to clients.
Competencies & Experience Required
• Education to degree level; formal legal or paralegal qualification is desirable
• At least three years’ experience working in a professional environment; law firm experience is desirable
• Experience of dealing with government authorities in the UAE, establishing companies and some knowledge of the legal and business environment in the UAE
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (and Arabic will be an advantage)
• Be flexible and open to change in how we work and deliver services to clients and colleagues
• Be organised and have excellent attention to detail
• Be a team player, but have the ability to work independently
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills
• Have strong work ethic and be adaptable and flexible
• Be commercially aware and able to take a practical approach to matters
• Be confident interacting directly with clients, in person, over the phone and in written correspondence
Clyde & Co
Clyde & Co is a global law firm which has quadrupled in size over the past decade. Revenues from the firm’s 50+ offices* worldwide rose to £627million for the last financial year. The firm has over 1800 fee earners, across six continents, with 4000 staff advising corporates, financial institutions, private individuals and governments.
Clyde & Co, MEA
With over 30 years’ experience in the region and the largest presence of any international law firm, we pride ourselves on being able to help clients recognise and overcome the challenges of doing business in the Middle East.
Our more than 40 partners and 150 legal professionals work from four offices located across the region. Our Dubai office acts as a central hub for our regional operations that include offices in Abu Dhabi in the UAE, Doha in Qatar and Riyadh in Saudi Arabia. Our large regional presence enables us to support our clients across the full spectrum of their corporate and commercial needs throughout the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) and wider Levant.