Officer – Payments
|Company Name:||Confidential Company|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Vacancies:||1|
|MAIN OBJECTIVE OF ROLE|
Responsible for timely and accurate payment processing for approved invoices and updating bank details. Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices. Also responsible for resolving payment discrepancies and maintaining accurate payment records.
1. Conducts proper control checks on the invoice approvals selected for payment runs and ensures timely processing of payment batches.
2. Ensures that all invoices are approved for payment and vendor payment credit term is followed.
3. Coordinates with internal stakeholders to obtain necessary approvals for payment.
4. Coordinates and confirms payment bank details of vendors are properly registered with appropriate checks.
5. Responsible for liaising with treasury team for funds arrangement, currency of payment and approvals and clearances of payments to specific countries, beneficiaries etc.
6. Coordinates with the treasury team on responses to payments held back by banks for compliance checks and policy procedures.
7. Prepares and submits reports as necessary and works on resolving payment discrepancies.
8. Prepares payment reports, meets with the employees on issues and assists in matters of resolution of issues.
9. Responds to payment inquiries from vendors, business, and management with related to payments.
10. Maintains accurate payment records in line with the accounting policies. Ensures compliance with treasury requirements to process payments via specific banks and country requirements as advised from time to time.
11. Ensures corporate card issuance, limit increases and management is performed in line with the company policies.
12. Coordinates with the internal team and external vendors to obtain the necessary documents to process payments in a timely manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
· Bachelor’s Degree (or Equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, or related field
Experience Specific Requirements
· Preferred No. of Years (with Relevant Degree) – 3
Systems, Licensing, Language or Certification Requirements
· Knowledge of Oracle ERP System would be preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other accounting software
· Team work
· Effective Communication
· Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
· Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
· Strategic Thinking
Reads and complies with the ISR policies of the Company and diligently reports any weakness or incidents to the respective Line Manager or the Information Security team. Completes all required ISR awareness sessions and follows associated guidelines in the day to day business operations.