NRI Business Development Officer
|No. Of Vacancies:
|If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Wealth and Personal Banking team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
• To plan and/or participate, including installation of desks at Third party/Industry events, corporate offices.
• To hand out pamphlets / leaflets about India services (as approved)
• Address such customer queries with information that is available in public domain, and assist with account opening, if the customer wishes to proceed
• For enquiries received through campaigns, local marketing activities and other initiatives, rep office staff will call on such leads to understand the customer need, address queries and assist with account opening.
• To be up to date on the India services as available on the HSBC public websites sites to effectively and efficiently address customer queries.
• Any queries pertaining to products/services not listed on HSBC public website needs to be routed through to India HSBC team. A clear record of all such referrals have to be maintained as per the process.
• Rep office will assist the customers with account opening for completing form filling / documentation verification etc.
• Ensure customers are assisted with activating their accounts, including assist with digital account activation, debit card activation and account activation by ensuring the initial account funding is done as per the bank norms.
• Servicing and redressal of customer specific queries
• To ensure the cross border guidelines of HSBC are strictly adhered to at all times.
• To ensure the KYC/AML norms of the bank are complied with at all times.
• To maintain call reports and MIS as required
• To respond to customer complaints in a timely manner and to customer satisfaction
• Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, related field.
• Minimum of two years in banking sales experience or equivalent i.e. Business Development role
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Able to work independently with limited supervision and guidance.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Customer-driven with a strong focus on quality of service and business development.
• Planning and organizing, displays a strong sense of accountability.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000H5GK.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
We believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. Different ideas and perspectives help us innovate, manage risk and grow the business in a sustainable way
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.