Luxury Private Executive Chef-Pastry
|Company Name:||The Ritz-Carlton|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Vacancies:||1|
Manages the daily pastry operations. Exhibits creative baking and decorating talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff in preparing quality and consistent pastries for all areas. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all pastry areas to promote a consistent, high quality product is produced. Monitors sanitation and food standards. dentifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills. Manages all pastry food preparation areas.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading the Discipline Teams
• Supervises and manage employees; understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in pastry preparation.
• Exhibits creative baking and decorating talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff in preparing quality and consistent pastries for all areas.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Promotes and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Supervises pastry preparation shift operations.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Creates and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Verifies that regular on-going communication occurs with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired results.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
• Represents the property in media events as needed.
• Facilitates pastry classes for customers and the community.
Verifing Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Develops, designs, or creates new ideas and items for pastry kitchen.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Verifies employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Promotes compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regulations.
• Assists the Executive Chef with menu development associated with pastry.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Maintains and demonstrates knowledge of food and beverage trends within the hospitality industry.
• Executes cooking shows and educational programs to guest audiences.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Monitors and provides service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction.
• Manages day-to-day operations, verifying the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Supports service by communicating and assisting employees to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Sets and supports achievement of culinary goals associated with pastry products including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Provides specific guidance to prioritize, organize, and accomplish daily pastry operations work.
• Supports procedures for food and beverage portion and waste controls.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
• Trains employees in safety procedures.
• Create cost cards, recipe cards, photographs, and categlogues for utilization during taste presentations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Participates in training staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
• Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Verifies disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. Attracting the world’s top hospitality professionals who curate lifelong memories, we believe that everyone succeeds when they are empowered to be creative, thoughtful and compassionate.
Every day, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over and pride ourselves on delivering excellence in the care and comfort of our guests.
Your role will be to ensure that the “Gold Standards” of The Ritz-Carlton are delivered graciously and thoughtfully every day. The Gold Standards are the foundation of The Ritz-Carlton and are what guides us each day to be better than the next. It is this foundation and our belief that our culture drives success by which The Ritz Carlton has earned the reputation as a global brand leader in luxury hospitality. As part of our team, you will learn and exemplify the Gold Standards, such as our Employee Promise, Credo and our Service Values. And our promise to you is that we offer the chance to be proud of the work you do and who you work with.
In joining The Ritz-Carlton, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.