|Majid Al Futtaim
|No. Of Vacancies:
|Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The role of the Inventory Controller is to ensure the inventory database is accurately maintained and stocktakes are completed according to the established policy.
To ensure optimization of inventory, whilst implementing cost control measures, in line with the agreed standards.
Minimizing the wastage, variance, and controlling the cost are primary KPIs for this role.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• To oversee the site’s inventory to ensure seamless and reliable operations.
• Ensure optimization of inventory, whilst implementing cost control measures, in line with the agreed standards, with no disruption to operations and customer experience.
• Investigate and validate physical stocktake variance and report it to the Site Manager and F&B Inventory Control Manager, citing reasons and action taken.
• Work closely with inventory supervisors and site managers to review major stock discrepancies.
• Arrange stocktake meetings to review stocktake results with Inventory supervisors.
• Attends stocktake meetings to review stocktake results.
• Oversee and assume responsibility for the POS and ordering systems.
• Observe the correct buying and receiving protocols.
• Monitor day-to-day tasks related to Inventory transactions in the site.
• Investigate and analyze anomalies gathered from Vista, FMC, and operations, to collaborate with F&B Inventory Control Manager for solutions.
• Ensure all inventory and stock management systems are maintained accurately within the agreed inventory parameters and in a timely manner.
• Maintain the COGS within the budget set by the business and minimize wastage, variance, and stock adjustment.
• Provide needed support to inventory control supervisors and site managers to control losses and decrease the variance.
• Oversee cost and profit margin per item.
• Conduct spot-checking of stock and checking the expiry date and recipes.
• Checking recipe cost and margin before adding into the system.
• Analyze the wastage and stock adjustments and suggest actions to minimize them.
• Coordinate with the Finance department to ensure that payments for goods and services are processed timely and in accordance with all the company’s policies and procedures.
• Purchase inventory within the agreed budgets.
• Oversee POS and setup of Vista and FMC system.
• Investigate and analyze anomalies gathered from Vista, FMC and operations and collaborate with F&B Inventory Control Manager for the solution.
• Validate the requirement to update Vista and FMC system, create and update Vista, FMC for both new items and existing items after taking approval from F&B Inventory Control Manager.
• Provide Vista and FMC awareness to all sites about the correct format of stocktake and review reports, F&B Request Form, and supplier registration.
• Prepare sales and cost analysis by item for review to F&B Inventory Control Manager and F&B Director.
• Provide a summary of every stocktake across sites and an action plan to reduce the wastage and variance.
• Maintain purchasing documentation and signed contracts.
• Maintain the records of any price change to analyze price variation.
• Prepare and send consolidated price change report to F&B Inventory Control Manager.
• COGS report and calculation, P&L analysis of F&B concepts, notify and be more vigilant on items underperforming / track best sellers.
• Present, review and rectify report for COGS, stocktake results, and sales performance and share with inventory control supervisors to discuss ideas on how to improve the results.
Occupational Health and Safety
• All staff are expected to work in such a way that does not cause injury to themselves or other staff members or customers and areas to improve workplace safety should be brought to the attention of the HSE department.
Definition of Success
• Monitor and maintain inventory values, validate PAR stock levels, and minimize waste and variance.
• Maintain the COGS within the standards set by the business.
• Ensure implementation of the Inventory management SOP.
• Inventory management and cost control
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
• Ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and good team player.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressured environment, communicating effectively with both customers and vendors.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills, good time management, and problem-solving skills
At least 4-5 years of inventory management, cost control or supply chain management in a food service environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality, or Supply Chain Management.
Strong computer and inventory software proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suites.