Interior Design Group Leader
|Company Name:||Al Futtaim Private Company LLC – IKEA|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Vacancies:||1|
To plan, implement Com-In related projects mainly in the showroom, but also at the entrance, IKEA restaurant and staff area. Ensure that the projects reflect the Scandinavian identity of the company, as well as the IKEA product range and the IKEA business idea and are communicated to customers to achieve the commercial goals of the business.
Key Role Accountabilities:
• Design room sets for the store while taking in account the various parameters for designing including the brief related to the “style group” OR “Living Situation” as well as the sales priorities regarding articles that need to be focused on.
• Develop the set right from the floor plan drawn to scale, decide on interiors; and upon receiving approval from the Com-In Manager and the Sales Manager, building the set with Assistance of carpenters.
• Research & be knowledgeable about current market trends, fashion and social trends relating to home furnishing and interior designs.
• Ensure that the room sets are maintained in an “as new” condition all the time by making daily checks of the sets and carrying out regular maintenance work, such as replacing worn out or dirty carpets, changing fused light bulbs, replacing items that are out of stock in the store or replacing items that have picked up from the display by customers to ensure the room sets always reflect the slanders set by IKEA for display
• Design and implement the changes in the restaurant interiors as and when required by the Store Manager and the Restaurant Manager.
• Design and makes changes in the office interiors as and when requested to do so to make the work area a pleasant environment for the staff and representative of the IKEA way.
• Coordinate with the planned marketing activity of the commercial calendar and implement the decor changes of the room and modifications required.
• Lead the implementation of changes done to highlight the new articles that the sales want to push, or for giving a boost to products that are not performing well and need to be displayed in a manner to catch the customer’s imagination.
• Participate in other projects related to activities carried out in the store from time to time. This may include rebuilding business area, based on feedback from range relating to changed priorities, or poor performance of the area.
• Assist Visual Merchandisers as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
• Ensure that all Interior designers have received the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment, so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents.
• Make sure all IDs are properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs.
• Be involved in the recruitment of the interior designers; ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions with the required technical skills.
• Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low.
• Degree / Diploma in Interior Designing or Architecture
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
• 3 – 5 years in relevant role
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
• Profession level of MS Excel and other MS programmes.
• Excellent command of English Language.
• Excellent command of Arabic Language is preferred.
• Attention to details
• Very good communication skills.
• Customer Focused
• Individual Accountability
• Continuous Improvement approach.
• Personal Leadership
• Team player