|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Vacancies:||1|
|Overview / Responsibilities|
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for a Construction Manager in Dubai, UAE.
Purpose of the Role
· To manage, develop and support the construction process at both a Project and Corporate level in a safe, structured and cost – effective manner.
· Accountable for the delivery of construction services / personnel across projects / company ensuring high standards are maintained and continuously improved.
Roles and Responsibilitiess
· To ensure that all Project / Company HSE goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
· To ensure that all construction personnel at both Project and Corporate level are aware of / implement safe working practices / procedures and are provided with a safe working environment.
· Deliver a high standard construction capability at both Project and Corporate levels, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times.
· Implementation of a continuous improvement philosophy across the construction function, delivering best practices at all times.
· Management and support of all construction personnel.
· Maintain and deliver the construction function within budget, and, where applicable, implement cost saving initiatives.
· To study and assess the relevant drawings, specifications, and instructions for his specific or functional area of responsibility.
· To verify that the drawings and specifications provide adequate instructions for the work and advise the Project Construction Manager and / or Project Manager of any deficiencies or clarifications needed.
· To review, in co – operation with the Project Construction Manager and / or Project Manager and agree the overall site programme for his area of responsibility including Sub – contractors’ programmes. To identify any problem areas in the programmes, discuss with the Project Construction Manager and / or Project Manager and agree a solution.
· To ensure, before any work commences, that all items of material, equipment, scaffolding etc required are available to avoid abortive and unproductive use of labour.
· To maintain primary contact and a good working relationship with sub – contractors site representatives.
· To be fully familiar with the sub – contractors’ methods of construction, programming, and procedures and to resolve any apparent conflicts.
· To ensure that all Sub – contractors employed within his area of responsibility are fully aware of their obligations and responsibilities.
· To ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a sub – contractor that an authorised instruction is given by the Project Construction Manager and / or Project Manager.
· To assist in the authorising or refuting of any claims by the Sub – contractor of delays, waiting time or abortive work.
· To be familiar with and aware that Company and Site Procedures are adhered to.
· To ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections, and certifications are strictly adhered to.
· To provide technical assistance to the Project Services Manager in the compilation of cost and progress reports.
· To ensure that Wood Construction and the Sub – contractors programmes are produced and monitored in accordance with the requirements of the contract.
· To constantly review progress and monitor programmes, updating the latter when necessary in conjunction with the Project Services Manager.
· To co – ordinate and report on a weekly and monthly basis on all progress matters and problem areas.
· To hold regular meetings with the Project Administration Management and the various sub – contractors to review progress, resolve problems, etc.
· To ensure adequate and qualified supervision and skilled labour resources are employed to meet schedule requirements.
· To constantly strive to obtain maximum productivity and economical use of labour and equipment in order to keep costs within budget.
· To ensure that all Company systems of Quality Assurance are adhered to and assist the Project Quality Manager in the completion of site system test sheets and the test dossier.
· To ensure that Company systems for material identification and stores requisitioning are adhered to by all those under his control.
· To be responsible for the Health and Safety of all personnel working in the area or areas within the site complex.
· Ensure Health & Safety Responsibilities (ref. SHEQ Responsibilities attached) are adhered to and understood
· To ensure that all work within their area of responsibility is carried out with good safety practices and full adherence to any site permit system that is in operation.
Allied Occasional Duties:
· Deputise for Project Manager
· Input into the CDCA process
· Provide support to C3 CoP for construction related activities / issues.
· Provide support to the tendering process – provision of costs, schedule, and technical data.
· Provide input into the TRM process.
· Performance Development Reviews, (PDR’S) of construction personnel
· Interview and assessment of construction personnel.
Key Internal Interfaces:
· Project Management
· CoP Leaders / Principals
· Project Engineers
· Implementation Team Leads.
· HR department / Business Partners.
Key External Interfaces:
· To liaise with Client’s staff to ensure the work progresses satisfactorily and within any restrictions imposed by the Client’s operating personnel
· Sub – contractor management / representatives
· Vendor management / representatives
Skills / Qualifications
Degree in Engineering
Minimum HNC in a related Engineering subject
Recognised O&G discipline background
Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with extensive knowledge of Construction / Commissioning practices and procedures
IT Literate (Excel / Word / PowerPoint etc)
Demonstrable experience in similar role or Senior position in Construction Management.
Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving project goals whilst maintain high standards in HSEQ at all times.
Extensive knowledge of the construction process, its implementation and management. Fully conversant with project management tools
Experienced in the production of detailed procedures / documents / reports.
Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working.
Extensive knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures.
Ability to deliver training to personnel within the construction team – commitment to develop team members.
Ability to interface and interact with Management and Client Representatives at all levels.
Ability to work both at project and corporate levels.
Conversant with Tendering / Estimating / TRM processes.
Conversant with HR practices / processes.
Onshore brownfield experience in similar role.
Competencies (Generic / Technical / Project / Department Specific):
Ability to demonstrate effective and efficient management of processes and personnel.
Ability to demonstrate high level understanding of HSE safe working practices / procedures and their implementation.
Ability to react to changing deadlines and achieve project goals / milestones.
Ability to manage / maintain budget / schedule requirements.
Ability to interpret project procedures and drawings in particular extensive understanding of P&ID’s / SLD’s / D&ID’s etc.
Ability to produce technical documents and procedures covering all aspects of the completions process.
IT Literate in all major software packages (Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc).
Ability to compile accurate data and produce detailed management reports.
Fully Conversant with completions management software and its functionality.
Extensive experience of construction / commissioning related activities.
To be completed by Project prior to requisitioning.
Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety.
Flexible – able to comply / adapt to company / client requirements.
Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project / company goals.
Ability to interact with management / personnel at all levels – committed team player.
Confident and ability to work on own initiative.
Desire to learn and develop not only self but others within team – good attitude to continuous improvement.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.