Assistant IT Manager
|Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara
|No. Of Vacancies:
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
· To handle all applications software used at the property such as Opera, Micros, Sun System and Material Control.
· To identify & propose solutions for upgrading needs for both hardware and software application in line with the DIRS present and future business needs.
· To ensure adequate back-up procedures are present to protect both hardware and software applications from system failures or loss of data.
· To ensure User Support is well defined and executed to meet the highest standards of service to all concerned parties.
· To conduct related training to employees as necessary.
· Assist the Corporate Office IT Department with the preparation of strategic plans and budget related duties.
· Identify and conduct Web Applications training for the hotel users
Serve as a primary contact for all servicing of Web Applications and Systems
Maintain, develop and upgrade the Intranet Portal as well as handling users’ requests
Implement all the hotel requests that is related to Exchange Server, in line with Anantara guidelines for email and internet
Administer DIRS active directory and other related applications and operating systems
Monitor the performance of all Corporate Web Systems and applications and maintain a log of performance reports, error and integrity check reports, system malfunctions and solutions
Establish documentations and develop standards related to his / her duties.
Control all users IDs, passwords, Users group rights and utilities of all corporate web applications
Complete and distribute a monthly activities report to Corporate Director of Information Technology.
Ensure that proper back-up procedures for corporate servers and applications are implemented, documented and stored
Ensure confidentiality about the information released to users as part of their job function as the systems contain valuable and proprietary information
· Co-ordinate and initiate orders for maintenance of IT software and hardware carried out by Head Office Support Staff or contractors.
· Responsible for supporting all hardware and software problems reported, documenting problems and solutions as required.
· Ensure compliance with established procedures, systems security, availability, internal controls and organization standards.
· To support the daily operations of information technology and telecommunications.
· Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge and records of all system changes, updates, enhancements
· Ensure internet service is provided effectively
· Ensure all hotel based systems (software / hardware) are appropriately secured.
· Log and track all software licenses to ensure legal compliance.
· Coordinate service and maintenance of computer hardware and peripherals, printers, photocopiers, facsimiles and data services.
· Oversee troubleshooting, systems backups; archiving and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
· Troubleshoot/repair/resolve technical problems/issues related to computer hardware/software/LAN and WAN/internet.
· Provide network communications support and technical guidance.