Assistant Corporate Governance Manager
|Company Name:||Al Tayer Group|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Vacancies:||1|
To support the Head – Risk in developing, monitoring and embedding the Corporate Governance function of Al Tayer Group (ATG) by ensuring that the management are in alignment with the Group’s interests and requirements; assist in the development and implementation of an authority matrix, and develop corporate governance practices in line with ATG‘s requirement.
Education/Certification and Continued Education
• Professional degree in Business Administration (i.e. MBA, CIA, CA, CPA).
Years of Experience
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in the corporate governance function, with previous proven experience in the design of a corporate governance framework and development of a delegation of authority matrix.
Knowledge and Skills
• Solid knowledge corporate governance practices.
• Should have good organizational and planning abilities including the ability to deal with/work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Should have strong analytical/problem solving and quantitative abilities.
• Should be able to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
• Should have excellent presentation skills.
• Should have strong influencing skills
• Proficiency in English
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
Strategic Roles and Responsibilities
• Operating Model & Governance
• Change Management
• Corporate Governance Policies and Processes
• Implementation of Corporate Governance Model
Functional Roles and Responsibilities
Operating Model & Governance
• Act as the expert for the Group’s Corporate Governance operating model, providing support and challenge where appropriate.
• Provide inputs and implement policies, systems and procedures across assigned team within ATG so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled in alignment with the operating model.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on matters related to Corporate Governance in order to facilitate flow of information, alignment and build awareness.
• Support in developing the Corporate Governance Model based on leading practice and the needs of the Group‘s stakeholders ensuring that the proper controls are set in order for oversight/monitoring of activities that take into consideration risk, sustainability, economic/cost and employee well being.
• Assist in undertaking various change management initiatives that shall aid in effective implementation and roll out of the various corporate governance related projects.
Corporate Governance Policies and Processes
• Support in developing and maintaining the Corporate Governance Manual for the Group/ select Business Unit