The Facilities Supervisor – Maintenance
|No. Of Vacancies:
|The Facilities Supervisor – Maintenance will have a significant impact on customer experience. The Facilities Supervisor – Maintenance will have the ability to lead other technicians, design solutions for challenging problems, manage outside contractors, be on call for emergencies, to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet tough time lines. The Facilities Supervisor – Maintenance will develop plans on how to accomplish engineering departmental goals.
The Facilities Supervisor – Maintenance will be responsible for the leadership/development and coaching of the team. Performance Management will be carried out by the Facilities Supervisor – Maintenance. This role also leads the technical team in providing both a reactive and pro-active maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within the AMZL Distrbutions Centers. The role has a direct impact on the site, its productivity and operational success. If equipment is not available or performs badly it minimizes the capacity and throughput of the site.
Key job responsibilities
To provide supervision and leadership to Maintenance Technicians
To develop and deliver Preventive Maintenance programs
To be experienced in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting any of the following: relay logic, ladder diagrams, controls components, sensors & scanners, motor starters, relays, limit switches, electronic sensors, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, sorters, mechanical components (rolls, bearing, belts)
To act as an ambassador for safety within the team and to promote safe working across the site
To support technicians by motivating, providing knowledge and hands on experience
To develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organisation
Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
Ability to prioritize and manage resources under high pressure
· Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines with at least 5 years’ experience.
· Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems and mechanical componets
· Experience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks.
· Understanding of OEE and equipment performance metrics.
· Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements.
· Experience in mentoring and developing junior technicians.
· Experience of contractor management.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot under high pressure.
· Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English.
· Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment.
· Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
· Experience of multi-contractor management
· Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
· Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
· Experience with packaging machines or conveyor systems
· Experience in international environment
· Knowledge in OEE and EAM tools