Secondary Supply Teacher
|Company Name:||Al Mamoura Academy|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Vacancies:||1|
Lesson Planning, Teaching and Learning
· Planning and delivering Outstanding teaching and learning, in line with school policy and aligned to the Al Mamoura Teacher DNA.
· Preparing lesson plans by following the curriculum guidelines and accommodating teaching methods.
· Ability to teach English, ICT and Art from Year 7 to Year 10.
· To plan lessons and sequences of lessons consistently and effectively, in the long, medium and short-term, to meet pupils’ individual learning needs.
· Creating a climate for learning that is conducive to delivering Outstanding practice.
· Setting clear targets for students, building on prior attainment.
· Supporting SEN (POD), EAL and G&T students and ensuring that their needs are met through differentiation.· Delivering high quality lessons and learning activities that maintain pace, challenge and engagement.
· Maintaining high standards of behaviour whilst motivating pupils and facilitating their development to meet targets in accordance with the school’s ‘Behaviour for Learning Policy’.
· Promoting the effective use of technology, digital software and data systems and a strong awareness of digital learning technologies under the direction of the Line Manager/HOD, in accordance with the National Curriculum and using appropriate syllabus, materials and schemes of work.
Assessment, Recording, and Reporting:
· Demonstrating consistently and effectively the use of data relating to student’s prior attainment to set well-grounded expectations/targets for pupils, monitor their progress and to give clear and constructive feedback.
· Assessing student’s achievement against learning objectives and use this information to improve specific aspects of teaching and learning.
· Marking students work in accordance with the school marking policy, set targets for progress in accordance with the outcomes and providing feedback of students’ progress as required to facilitate positive student’s development and academic progress.
· Assess and record student’s progress systematically and keep records.
· Undertake assessment of students as requested by examinations bodies, department, and school procedures.
· Prepare and present informative reports to parents.
· Participate in subject specific development by producing, reviewing, and updating curriculum plans and schemes of work.
· To ensure that personal subject knowledge is up to date through CPD and professional reading.
· To ensure personal continued professional development within the applicable curriculum.
Other duties and responsibilities:
· Attend and support parent/student events.
· Undertake duties as part of the staff duty rotas in accordance with school policies.
· Attend all requisite meetings and contribute where applicable to Study Support Plans, SEN meetings and provide any information that may be required for individual pupils
• A Bachelor Degree with PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification.
• Minimum 2 years Teaching experience in English National Curriculum.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
· Outstanding teacher
· Teaching across ability range with proven success
· Experience of working in more than one International School
· Experience of teaching UK Curriculum
· Knowledge of UAE Ministry of Education and ADEK regulations preferable
· Commitment to the school’s vision and USP’s
· Passion for education, teaching, and a belief in the potential of every student
· Ability to work under pressure, problem-solve, deal with challenging situations and be resilient