Quantity Surveyor with Structural Steel Experience
|Company Name:||Confidential Company||Company Industry:||Metals / Steel|
|Employment Type:||Full Time||Location:||Dubai|
|Experience:||6 – 10 years|
|Degree:||Bachelor of Arts(Maths), Bachelor of Technology/Engineering(Civil, Mechanical).|
|Salary:||$1,001 – $3,000|
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor with Structural Steel Experience
Location: Dubai, UAE
Manages all costs relating to building and engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
• Assists Contracts/Commercial Manager in reviewing all contractual correspondence generated by contractors and consultants on the programme and ensures that contractual points raised are responded to correctly and in a timely manner.
• Manages Contractor and Employer change requests, researches contractual entitlement and prepares Site Instructions. Follows up with all parties in order to finalize instructions and expedites completion and award of Variation Orders.
• Monitors claim notifications received from Contractors and ensures that they are processed within the timeframe required under the contract.
• Reviews and evaluates all contractor claims, drafts claim recommendation report and, with Commercial Manager, agrees claim evaluation reports with Employer.
• Works closely with Planning team to draft EOT Time Impact Assessments and calculates quantum in event of contractor entitlement to prolongation costs.
• Responsible to the Contracts / Commercial Manager for ensuring that the team responds in a timely, professional and comprehensive manner to project and employer directives and requests involving financial information, contract compliance, procurement, budgeting, cost proposals, project audit, project accounting, insurance, property and other administrative issues.
• Ensures adherence to the firm’s signature authority policy and facilitates approval of necessary and appropriate deviations.
• Develops and maintains complete and accurate contract files and ensures that corporate contract files are current.
• Acts as liaison between client, project / program staff and subcontractors.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with client commercial officials to facilitate prompt processing of contract, variation and claim recommendation approvals.
• Reviews and monitors interim monthly payments to contractors and consultants in support of program / project managers producing income and cash flow reports and financial and technical status reports. Monitors for accuracy, completeness and timeliness in certification.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
• Qualifications: BEng / BSc or equivalent qualification
• Experience: Minimum 8 years of directly applicable experience in dealing with Structural Steel and Construction
• Sound knowledge in Quantity Surveying practices in construction
• Ability to complete the project on time and within the budget
Disclaimer: JobFinderUAE.com is only a platform to bring job seekers & employers together. Applicants are advised to research the bonafides of the prospective employer independently. We do NOT endorse any requests for money payments and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information.We also recommend you visit Security Advice for more information. If you suspect any fraud or malpractice, Use Contact Us to report it