Manager, Expo Media Centre
|Company Name:||Expo 2020|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Vacancies:||1|
Media Operations, a department within Operations, is responsible for providing all the services and facilities the accredited media need to do their jobs when on the Expo site. This includes all the planning and preparation in advance of the Event.
Reporting to the Lead Manager, Expo Media Centre (EMC), the Manager, Expo Media Centre will be responsible for planning, delivering and management of the Expo Media Centre facilities and all the associated services. This position will be part of the key management team responsible for delivering all aspects of the Media Operations for Expo 2020.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
– Working with the Lead Manager, manage the operations inside the EMC across internal Functions and venue planning;
– Liaise with the Innovation Future Technologies (IFT) and Operational Support Services (OSP) teams and contractors in the Expo Media Centre and during operations to ensure world class service levels for media guest group are delivered;
– Manage and work with volunteers to deliver the day to day services within the EMC;
– Manage the information provision for media and staff within the Expo Media Centre;
– Plan and manage the day-to-day activities within the EMC in conjunction with the Lead Manager;
– Continually improving the procedural framework for EMC venue operations and services including processes, guidelines and responsibilities.
6+ years of experience in Media Operations or associated industries, as well as:
– A bachelor’s degree within a relevant field;
– Experience in working in media centers at international events;
– Experienced in venue or facility management at major events;
– Experience of managing press and broadcasters at high profile events;
– Management of volunteers at major international events;
– Experience delivering exceptional customer service and ability to work with a wide range of people.