Junior Construction Manager
|No. Of Vacancies:
The successful candidate will be a key part of the Design and Construction team and will be responsible for project managing the construction of new Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FCs) and delivery stations. The Construction Manager will play an integral role in the development and implementation of the MENA network infrastructure and be part of long term development of Amazon.
This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
Would you like an opportunity to travel and work in multiple countries and cultures?
The role will be based in UAE, Dubai with 40% of time traveling domestic and maybe international within EMEA countries.
Key job responsibilities
Responsible for overseeing construction engineering, planning, and design
Managing Contractors, Designers and Consultants
Liaising and working with permitting authorities
Prepare reports, specifications, technical analysis to fully define the design requirements, equipment and services required
Survey facilities, develop and document a procedures to audit the facility, provide evaluations and analysis, and recommend solutions to facility infrastructure, safety and security problems involving facilities and people
Negotiate contracts with vendors and present formal documentation for approval when required
Ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate Service Level Agreements
Provide overall site management, coordination, planning, specification of business proposals and coordination of subcontractors
Facilitate and team with others on due diligence evaluation of new opportunities
Ensure that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance issues
Audit contractors to check that the skills and competences of contract labor are appropriate to need and they are fit to undertake the work on which they will be deployed
Inform contractors of projected changes in resource or work demand so that they can take appropriate action
Support contractors’ work and help them to achieve higher performance levels.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering: Civil, Architect or Mechanical discipline
• Proven experience as construction professional with experience of 2 to 5 years in construction domain in UAE or gulf region in contracting or consulting,
• Excellent analytical skills, preferably with advanced level in Microsoft Excel (e.g. complex formulas, pivot tables, macros)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Problem-solving mind-set, proactive issue resolution skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
• You are able to demonstrate curiosity and pro-activity, which will allow you to gain greater autonomy.
• Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, and to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
Degree in Engineering, Surveying, Architecture or Construction management
Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation
Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labour contracts.
Proven experience in managing a team
Knowledge of local Market
Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.
Fluency in Arabic