HR Business Partner – AME Region
|Maersk – APM Terminals
|No. Of Vacancies:
|Translate the business strategy and company people vision into people and organizational strategy for the AME region to increase engagement, capabilities and business performance. In addition, responsible for leading cross functional/geographical activities in the region based on evolving business/HR priorities.
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, progressive and stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping, logistics and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
The APMT HR organization fully participates in Maersk HR of the Future transformation, aimed at establishing a model with true strategic Business Partnering roles, complemented by regional people partner organizations and Global Centers of Excellence. All APMT Regional Business Partners have an additional global responsibility for one of our critical people processes and serve as an internal advisor or leader, working closely with their BP peers and Maersk global competence centers or initiative leads.
– Strategic HR partner to the Dubai Regional office team, Joint Venture (JV) leadership, in addition to leading and driving collective regional initiatives.
– Communicate and drive the HR agenda in the region with respective functions
– Collaborate with leaders to design efficient organizational structures and capability building enabling business strategy.
– Act as sparring partner and courageous coach to senior leaders helping them to develop and building an engaging working environment across the function.
– With great focus on diversity and inclusion, support senior hiring managers in defining job content and key competencies and drive recruitment of senior roles together with Recruitment Partners.
– Drive talent development, competency building, management of internal and external talent pipelines and regular review of succession planning for critical roles.
– Act as a talent broker to redeploy internal talent (i.e. in succession pools for senior roles), enabling impactful development opportunities as part of an agreed development plan.
– Develop and lead HR Standard Work for the region. Create and maintain effective HR Visual Management Systems that provide relevent people insights through accurate data.
– Be change ambassador and actively drive HR Transformation within the region and beyond.
– Work closely with Terminal HRBPs and ensure there is constant alignment with region on future terminal organisation and standards.
– Play an active role in the wider HR community and support teams and initiatives in a dynamic environment as the organization and priorities evolve
– Fostering a culture where the Maersk behaviors and values are embedded and on which business decisions are made.
We are looking for
– A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in HR Business partnering position within an international matrix organization.
– Excellence in influencing senior stakeholders, conceptualizing and shaping strategies, challenging perceptions and expanding points of view while acting as the trusted advisor.
– Experience working actively with employee bodies, like staff councils.
– Resilience and maturity in dealing with change/uncertainty and delivering results in challenging environments.
– Proven record in building solid relationships and stakeholder networks
– Possess empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding and strong communication skills, integrity;
– Ambitious and result oriented self-starter with initiative and strong drive.
– Listening skills with the ability to interpret the difference between individual (behaviours, personal issues and suggestions) and global issues;
– Strong influencing skills;
– Able to build rapport with all levels of the organization;