|UAE National only
|No. Of Vacancies:
|Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Commercial Banking team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
• Be recognized as a GLCM specialist with an ability to display competent knowledge of relevant products and services with the job holder’s area of responsibility.
• Support sales managers on opportunities with key clients and/or deals
• Achieve income for the Group by supporting sales managers to identify and originate leads
• Responsibility for pricing, reviewing and negotiating the full range of cash management services for the commercial banking clients, together with effecting any cost reduction initiatives required by the HSBC Group. The jobholder is ultimately responsible for new sales revenue and the retention and growth of existing clients and income aligned to a portfolio within the CMB sector
• Support and where directed manage a client portfolio in order to maintain existing and generate new income for the business
• Provide support to Regional Sector Heads and Senior ISB Sales Managers in managing portfolios.
• Manage costs within plan and to keep losses to a minimum
• Undertake sector/portfolio planning and client monitoring/contact
• Maintain close liaison with key stakeholders so as to provide input into the strategic direction of the business, the functionality and launch of new products and services.
• Actively contribute to the PCM pipeline and keeping it accurate and up-to-date
• Generate referrals for other Global Businesses, e.g. Private Banking, GBM, RBWM, as appropriate.
• Keep abreast of external factors influencing international business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
• Support building a robust sales plan to target key customers including effective closure of pipeline deals to capture revenue
• Build and maintain close relationships with clients
• Support development, direction and delivery of strategic initiatives through
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Strong knowledge of local and regional cash management and clearing services, products and techniques.
• Proven Sales Record
• Relationship Management experience at multiple levels plus a proven sales record
• Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
• Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured solutions with an intenational dimension
• Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
• Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamentals of running a business
• Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
• Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
• Strong analytical and selling skills
• A good understanding of the market & market trends, competitive environment and regulatory environment.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000GU5W
Achieve more with HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.