Business Development Officer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Business Development Officer will be responsible in implementing the BD Strategy of Julphar, supporting the financial growth and development of the organization. The role holder should support the Business Development function by on ground execution of strategic goals and introduce new revenue-generating opportunities. The Business Development Officer will access the market as per the given strategic direction, by sourcing, screening, and evaluating new products and business prospects. The position also requires identifying and evaluating the new product targets, and to achieve competitive intelligence in the Company’s project areas.
Key responsibilities & Accountability:
Geographical Scope Global Key Responsibilities:
• Support the HOD with the entire product line life cycle with specific recommendations on major tactical activities to achieve qualitative and quantitative objectives, developing the appropriate tools
• Responsible for sourcing, screening, evaluating, and leading new products and market access.
• Supports strategic and financial analysis that guide brand business development decisions including in-licensing pipeline opportunities, commercial co-promotion, and international opportunities.
• Identifies new generic product development opportunities that support the corporate strategy through market and industry research.
• Supports the contract negotiations and coordinate with all relevant functional teams the successful completion of the specific form of agreement.
• Provides market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
• Drives increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company’s ambitious growth.
• Analyzes product distribution needs and proposed effective and profitable distribution strategies.
• Initiates the registration of the brand in all countries, proposing forecasts, prices, and market shares, coordinate all relevant tasks to assure product registration.
• Follow up project status, update. Prepares periodic reports for the ongoing strategic projects and initiatives.
• Weekly/bi-weekly update & analytics to BD Head & other relevant stakeholder Core Competency
• In terms of Competency you are highly result oriented with strong sense of accountability & ownership,
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills with multitask and strong negotiation.
• Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills, and experience developing forecasts and financial models
• Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
• Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads.
• Strong ability to formulate company position and negotiate agreements; accordingly,
• Awareness of and strong ability to handle regulatory procedures & compliance from Business Development point of view
• Should be calm and composed to work in complex and ambiguous situations
• You are a team player with a proactive and collaborative approach and enthusiastically manage stakeholders in good spirit.
• 4 years Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy / Science.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration is highly an advantage.
• Minimum2-4 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical industry & in that at least 2 years should be in Business Development role in in MEA & other geographies
• Experience working with matrixed, geographically distributed and functionally diverse work groups is preferred.
• Proven ability to build strong partnerships with the Commercial ,Operations, Marketing, Regulatory, Quality and other key stakeholders is required.
• Functional knowledge of the clinical aspects of the pharmaceutical industry, supply chain, dispensing requirements and drug distribution channels
• Must possess strong working knowledge of Distributor / Agents operations, Government accounts, tendering processes, contracting and pricing methods